LVN (Licensed Vocational Nurse)
Come experience your career working with an experienced, passionate and dedicated team of healers in an exciting and emerging new space- legal psychedelic assisted therapy and integrative medicine.
You will learn new skills and experience an emerging science of medicine in a field that is experiencing rapid growth with therapies to address mental health and holistic medicine like never before.
You will work closely with the founders and all members of the team to support the healing and transformation of fellow humankind.
An important point to note that this role requires training and experience in starting/maintaining intravenous access.
- Interviews patient about current problems, medications, and allergies and reviews medical record for pertinent previous and current information.
- Participates in patient treatment regimen, including administering medications (under the supervision of a physician and registered nurse).
- Establishes and documents patient treatment regimen under supervision of MD and implements treatment.
- Under supervision of MD, performs nutraceautical and other medication infusions.
- Assists in phlebotomy: identifies patient, checks requisition form for requested tests, and prepares equipment, patient and puncture site.
- Assists in IV set-up: verifying solution to be administered, evaluating infusion site, checking IV function and patient comfort, and discontinuing IV at appropriate time, as ordered by MD.
- Maintains adequate inventory of examination room supplies and prepares exam rooms at the beginning and end of day and between each patient contact.
- Performs variety of office responsibilities: answers phones and takes messages and performs triage within scope of licensed practical nursing practice in an accurate and timely manner.
- Facilitates and assists in the coordination of patient referrals.
- Participates in the orientation and training of new personnel.
Education: Graduate of accredited school of licensed practical nursing.
Skills and Experience: Current California practical nurse license. One year of work experience in a dynamic ambulatory care setting preferred. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to work independently
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $35.00 – $40.00 per hour