Medical Assistant to work in an exciting new area of medicine- legal psychedelic assisted therapy and holistic medicine. Work with a dynamic team of doctors, therapists, guides who are passionate about helping people transform their lives and take charge of their health and wellbeing.
Role will include the following duties.
Assists physicians, nurses, and other medical staff by performing administrative and clinical duties under the direction of a physician.
Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records.
Clinical duties may include, such preparing treatment room for patient exams, recording patient medical history, and cleaning and sterilizing medical equipment.
- Escort patients to treatment rooms, interviews patients, measure vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and document all information in patient’s chart.
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information is filled out and available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; keeping patient information confidential.
- Prepares treatment rooms for patient examinations; Assist physician and physician assistant in exam rooms
Disinfects, cleans treatment rooms following patient examinations; Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, prepare sterilization as required; Properly disposes of contaminated supplies
Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change, etc.)
- Take telephone or messages from website mail messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls
- Draws blood, removes sutures, changes dressings.
- Prepares treatment rooms for patient examinations.
- Interviews patients to obtain their medical history.
- Records patient medical history, vital statistics, and test results in patient medical files.
- Performs routine screening tests, such as height and weight measurements and blood pressure checks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent substitute.
Minimum Experience: 2 years; combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience.
Minimum Certifications and/or Licenses: CPR and first aid certification required; certification as a medical assistant (CMA) preferred.
Minimum Skills: Experience with EMR, MS Word, Excel, MS outlook.
Able to speak/write English clearly and make self understood.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Correct grammar, spelling skills, and legible writing.
- Skills in answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner and using a multi-line phone system.
- Able to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
- Demonstrate willing to adapt to change.
- Be able to prioritize workload while remaining flexible.
- Confident positive manner and appearance.
- A medical mindset to understand the theories, reasons, and technical aspects of medicine.
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ability to maintain records
- Knowledge in the fields of medicine, anatomy and physiology
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $22.00 – $27.00 per hour