IV Therapy Treatment for Mold and Mycotoxins

May 11, 2022 | 0 comments

How Mycotoxins Affect Your Wellbeing and Long Term Health? Can IV Therapy Help?

It is becoming more evident that toxins are the most significant and ignored public health issue of our lifetime. One particular toxin of importance are toxins produced by varieties of mold- these are called mycotoxins. There are a variety of types of mycotoxins present in our environments and food sources that can impact our short term and long term health. The animal husbandry industry spends billions on reducing mycotoxins in their livestock because of the impact it has on morbidity, fertility, immunity and mortality. The trend of removing antibiotics from animal feed has further compounded the presence of mycotoxins in their feed and our environment in general. https://www.biomin.net/science-hub/what-is-a-mycotoxin-and-how-can-it-harm-my-animals/ 

Much research has shown that humans are also highly impacted by mycotoxins in many of the same ways- fertility, immunity,  can have major impacts on humans. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC164220/ 

It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people with chronic fatigue syndrome may have toxicity as a root cause. When toxins are eliminated, fatigue can improve and restore energy and overall health. 

Mold, mycotoxins and decomposing building materials can cause changes in multiple body systems including the nervous system, gastrointestinal system, endocrine system and more. Preventing or reducing mold exposure is one of the most important things you can do for your health. IV Therapy is one of the strategies to fight mycotoxins.

Symptoms of Mold Exposure

If you have been experiencing any of the following symptoms it may be explained by a mold exposure:

  • Fatigue
  • Weakness
  • Infertility
  • Anxiety, depression, obsessive thoughts
  • Reduced immunity
  • Liver and kidney disease
  • Headaches
  • Abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea
  • Chronic sinus congestion
  • Coughing, chest pain, shortness of breath
  • Joint pain with morning stiffness
  • Cognitive impairment
  • Skin sensitivity to light touch
  • Numbness and tingling
  • Metallic taste in the mouth
  • Painful periods
  • Night sweats
  • Impotence
  • Seizure-like events
  • Body temperature dysregulation

Mycotoxins Are Fat-Soluble and Long-Lasting

These symptoms are common and often non-specific. Because mycotoxins are fat soluble – means that they dissolve into tissue and can remain there for a long time. Tissues that these mycotoxins can bind to are found in the brain, nerves, and glands, so they can cause symptoms you feel throughout the body. Unfortunately, we do not understand why some people have symptoms and another person with similar exposure may not experience any symptoms at all. It may be genetic differences or overall toxic body burden that leads to differences in susceptibility. Yet, persistent mold toxicity can contribute to the development of liver, kidney disease or even cancers of various types.

Integrative Medicine & IV Therapy at ShaMynds:
Mold Testing and Remediation Recommendations

Improvements in science has given us the opportunity to now be tested for mold toxicity if an individual is experiencing potentially related symptoms or conditions. At ShaMynds we offer this testing to you as part of your integrative medicine care with us. We offer testing to see if you have mycotoxins contributing to your symptoms. The best tests are through Great Plains Laboratory or Real Time Laboratory. They are slightly different tests that both give us good information about the amount of mycotoxins eliminated in your urine. Contact us now for a free consultation.

Strategies To Detox From Mold:
IV Therapy, Binders and Other Methods

Eliminating mycotoxins from your body, once you have eliminated them from your environment is individualized. It typically involves optimizing organs of elimination including bowels, liver, kidneys, skin/lymph and lungs. Depending on the mycotoxins present and your body’s ability to tolerate treatment, we will recommend a combination of binders like clay, charcoal, chlorella, zeolite, cilantro, citrus pectin and cholesteramine or welchol. We also recommend liver detox support like glutathione, NAC, milk thistle, minerals, vitamin C and the B vitamins. Sweating via exercise or a sauna is another great way to reduce mycotoxin levels in the body.

If you also feel that there is a chance your home or workplace may be moldy the first thing we recommend is to have the building tested by a great environmental testing company. There are many such companies that can be found in your area with a quick internet search. The primary factor in treating any environmental illness is to identify the toxin and eliminate it. In our clinical experience, patients who are still exposed to the offending mycotoxins will not fully recover until they either move or fully remediate their homes.

Moving and remediating moldy homes can feel very overwhelming, especially when you aren’t feeling well because of the mold!  Although air filters in the home can drastically reduce the level of mycotoxins, they are not a permanent fix. We recommend the IQ Air GC MultiGas as a reasonably priced air filter for your living spaces to remove mold from the air. Eliminating mycotoxins from your body, once you have eliminated them from your environment, is individualized. It typically involves optimizing organs of elimination including bowels, liver, kidneys, skin/lymph and lungs. Depending on the mycotoxins present and your body’s ability to tolerate treatment, we will recommend a combination of binders like clay, charcoal, chlorella, zeolite, cilantro, citrus pectin and cholestyramine or welchol. We also recommend liver detox support like glutathione, NAC, milk thistle, minerals, vitamin C and the B vitamins. Sweating via exercise or a sauna is another great way to reduce mycotoxin levels in the body. Intravenous nutraceuticals such as binders like EDTA chelation also have a role in reducing mold toxic burden. We offer these therapies as part of our IV nutraceuticals program

In summary, mold levels in our environments exist and if exposure is excessive, these levels can build up in your body and result in short and long term effects. Awareness is just the beginning and then testing and learning if you are at risk follows.

Reach out to us at ShaMynds Healing center to get onto the journey for optimal health. We offer physician led integrative medicine, IV therapy, functional medicine testing and ketamine assisted therapy to heal your Mynd Body and Soul.