Open Position - TMS Technician
Careers & Job Openings at ShaMynds Healing Center
Are you a motivated, organized, life-time learner? Do you consider yourself to be a patient, compassionate, and empathetic person? Are you seeking to gain technical and soft skills in behavioral health?
We are a holistic mental and integrative health wellness center in the Sacramento and greater area. We are committed to offering our patients an environment which is pleasant and comfortable. We provide a high quality of care and take pride in our practice. We are looking for someone who would enjoy working in this type of environment and help us continue to provide quality care to our patients.
We will train you, if needed, to provide Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) used for the treatment of various psychiatric conditions. This is a clinical position that entails interaction with patients and their caregivers. Starting TMS Technicians are also responsible for some administrative aspects of the TMS treatments, such as patient intake data, prior authorization initiation and follow-up psychiatric rating scales, and patient notes.
This is an opportunity to train in an exciting field using leading-edge technology. You will report directly to the Chief of Operations and/or site director.
- Provide patient care and treat patients with compassion.
- Provide support, reflective listening, and compassion to patients struggling with depression and/or anxiety and/or OCD.
- Administer TMS treatments according to specific physician directed protocols.
- Set up the TMS medical device and monitor all aspects of the treatment sessions for patient comfort and treatment accuracy.
- Administer TMS under the supervision of an on-site physician (may involve advanced TMS equipment and neuro-navigation to guide TMS therapy to the appropriate brain region).
- Navigate and mitigate patient side effects during treatment.
- Adhere to safety and compliance guidelines.
- Call patients ahead of their first TMS treatment to answer questions and address concerns.
- Administer standardized questionnaires to assess psychiatric symptoms.
- Triage patient concerns and elevate urgent ones to on-site prescribing physician.
- Document daily notes in the medical record and quality check patients’ charts to ensure their authorizations are up to date, visit numbers are correct, and all consent forms and documents are uploaded.
- Discuss patient progress at regular clinical rounds.
- Maintain a patient database for clinical and research activities.
- Provide feedback and advice on ways to improve the TMS clinical service.
- Maintain TMS equipment, order supplies, ensure the proper maintenance and function of the equipment used, and contact appropriate vendors for repairs, when necessary.
- Develop and monitor quality control testing of equipment as necessary.
- In coordination with site director, assist in training other technicians.
- Initiate purchasing requests, monitor equipment performance and interact with TMS manufacturer as needed.
- Maintain knowledge base of TMS research and protocols for treatment.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues with coil contact and TMS system setup throughout treatment while maintaining patient comfort.
- Administer psychiatric rating scales.
- Completion of session notes.
- Support the Patient Care Coordinator/Office team as needed.
- Perform various tasks related to administrative tasks, patient care, and TMS treatment.
- Perform various duties related to general medical office tasks and projects.
- Successful completion of TMS Certification (training and certification provided during initial period of employment).
- Ability to maintain professional appearance and demeanor, and interface well with patients in a mental-health setting required.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with a team.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Technician experience preferred.
- Experience working in a medical office/ with patients preferred.
- Ability to learn new tasks efficiently, organizational skills, understanding of sense of urgency, attention to detail.
- Possess critical thinking skills, punctuality, ability to work well with people, follow directions and complete tasks on time.
Must be looking for long term employment
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour- Pay based on experience/performance
- Flexible schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Request Your Consultation Today
If you are a patient who is dealing with a treatment-resistant mood disorder or chronic pain condition, then you may be a good candidate for ketamine infusion therapy. Contact our experts today and request your free consultation or would like more information about how we can help you.